Created in November 2006, MAASBESA is an independent, non-for-profit organization 501(c)3 of the IRS tax code. It is organized solely for charitable and educational purposes, and is dedicated to promoting the well-being and progress of the Albanian-American community of Massachusetts.
Since its inception, MAASBESA has striven to bring the Albanian community together for important causes and activities. Through the tireless work of our volunteers we have made great strides in promoting our sense of identity as and Albanian Community, teaching Albanian language and culture to our children and bringing beautiful smiles to sick children.
We encourage everyone to join us and become part of our organization. We promise you will meet some wonderful and dedicated people, and at the same time you will have the pleasure and satisfaction of helping fellow Albanians, and strengthening our community in Massachusetts and the United States.
Our mission has been, and continues to be the promotion of the well-being and progress of the Albanian-American community of Massachusetts:
- to maintain and develop the Albanian language, culture and traditions;
- to advocate on behalf of the Albanian American community for their common, individual good and welfare;
- to do all things necessary to promote and advance this mission.
Over the years, our activities to achieve our mutual goals have focused on:
- Opening the BESA Albanian Language and Heritage School, which includes classes in Albanian language, culture, history, and dance;
- Helping Albanian children and their families who have come to Boston for treatment of serious medical problems such as cancer and burns, and would have not been able to meet their living expenses without your Support;
- Numerous lectures, art shows, musical performances, sports and other activities to bring us to celebrate our heritage and build our sense of community.
We look forward to your continued support in the years to come, and to continuing to serve the Albanian-American community of Massachusetts.
Only together can we do great things!